Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Blood Moon

The girls and I(Nikki) were able to watch the lunar eclipse tonight out our back door and windows. It's still blood red as I write, and it started to show the shadow of the earth around 6:50 pm here. It took about an hour to have the full effect. So whilst(see former blog entry) the girls were doing their bedtime stuff we would stop and gaze at it getting darker and then redder. The girls seemed impressed by the lunar changes. Bill was working tonight and I hadn't mentioned the eclipse to him so I called the ER to tell him to stick his head outside if he had the chance. So I called up the main ER number and it was answered as follows, "Emergency Room, this is Bill." With a great cheerful phone voice, I should add. He was having a slow night so would have time to do some moon gazing, as long as the phone to the ER didn't ring too much, of course.

I am not sure if the eclipse is a southern hemisphere phenomenon or everyone gets a chance to see it. If you can check it out, it's cool. And no special viewing box needed, which makes it easy with small kids.

All day I have had the Queen song Another One Bites the Dust in my head. It started after I heard about Roberto Gonzales resigning.

take care,
Nikki and BER

No comments: